eNinja Technologies has certified consultants who provide consulting and training for HIPPA. HIPAA stands for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. The US Congress passed this act in the year 1996. The Act provides a legal framework to health insurance. It does the following for millions of Americans:
- Facilitates the continuity and transfer of health insurance to the Americans who deserve it upon losing or changing a profession.
- Minimizes frauds and prevents abuses
- Makes it legally binding to protect confidential information in the industry.
HIPAA is a must to safeguard health information at your disposal. Here is a step by step guide to implement the process.
- Hire a security and privacy officer.
- Assess possible risks the confidential information you have. Remember, cyber security is not your only threat here. You will have to consider natural calamities and other unexpected emergencies that may affected the protected health information your business has.
- Frame policies - You are aware of the possible risks to the confidential information you have with you. Next comes the policies to protect them. Make sure that your policies are updated as times change. And they should also be communicated to everyone involved in the process.
- Signed agreements with your business associates - When assessing risks to confidential information, do not confine yourself with your own business. Your vendors and all others who provide service of any kind are your business associates. Try to audit them before entering into a contract with them.
- Train your employees -You are fully prepared to implement HIPAA (HIPAA). Compliance. Make sure that all your employees are trained for the process. Motivate them so that they may involve themselves in the process.
Why HIPAA (HIPAA)?
When you earn the name as a HIPAA compliant business, you gain the trust of patience. This is a must for your business to thrive. And it helps you stay safe from corrective actions. That is a relief no business can afford to miss.